Tuesday 1 May 2018

Decoupage

I have three young grandsons and even though they live very close to me they often have sleep overs. The spare bedroom is gradually being transferred into a proper boys room. Hubby bought some letters, from Hobbycraft,  to make up their names to decorate their bedroom.  The Capital letters are made out of MDF and the lower case ones from paper mache.

 I decoupaged them with tissue. I bought the tissues from various places from online and local craft shops. I started to adhere the tissue using PVA glue, but because it hadn't been used for ages the glue had become lumpy so I finished  some of the letters using Mod Podge instead. To be honest I think the Mod Podge gave a better finish.
It was an easy task cutting up the tissue and gluing them onto the letters. However,  because of suffering from winter bugs and the upheaval of builders replacing our roof it took me weeks to complete   I'm just glad the grandsons didn't have really long names hahaha!

Now I have to work out where and how best to fix them to the walls.  The grandsons are all at that stage where if I place them too low they'll mess about with them and break them so they need to be high enough to be out of their way but not too high to look weird. Hmmm decisions decisions.......

No comments:

Post a Comment