Tuesday 22 May 2018

Brusho v Infusions

I recently went to a stamping workshop where we used paint crystals called "Brusho'  by Colourcraft for the first time. As I used it I had a vague suspicion I'd used them before. I liked them very much so, when I got home, I ordered a set. I was gluing my perpetual calendar on my painting table when I noticed a box under a shelf, as soon as I got it out I realised why Brusho seemed familiar. They were a similar product I 'd forgotten I already had, these were called 'Infusions"by Paper Artsy.
I thought it'd be a good opportunity to compare the products.

I looked for colours that were very close to each other to make it easy to compare. The picrue shows the comparison.

Both sprinkled onto wet paper easily and distributed well across the paper. I found that both makes spread nicely when spritzed with water. The Infusions needed more water than Brusho to spread colour. The  Infusions took longer to dissolve with a few crystals not dissolving at al maintaining the speckled effect where the Brusho spread to cover the area.  The Brusho colours tended to be much brighter than the Infusions. Infusions tended to be more earthy in their theme of colours with speckles of brown and black in most colours where as the Brusho tended to add more oranges and yellows to their lighter colours. Their darker colours like black were a mixture of blues, reds and black where the Infusions was a true black.
Which one do I prefer ... I think for a more speckled earthy effect I would use the Infusions but for a brighter and more coverage I would use the Brusho.

This is my first attempt at using Brusho with a stamp. The image is from a Crafters Companion Echinacea negative stamp. I stamped it with Versemark and heat embossed with WOW white embossing powder. I then spritzed with water and sprinkled black Brusho. I wiped the excess off the embossed area with some wet wipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment